Thursday, April 05, 2007

Head Butts

This is an old picture of Kellie when she used to lounge around in my
cupboards - I now have latches on the doors, so no more cat hair on the plates!

Kellie is still a little hesitant when she uses her new pet door onto the balcony. At first she sits in front of it and meows at me to open the door, when after awhile I still haven't obeyed her wishes she hesitantly pokes the door with her paw and watches it swing, only when she is desperate to get in or out does she actually push it with her head. Sometimes, I push her on the bum and propel her through the door, much to her chagrin. She looks at me shocked and a "how dare you push my bum" look on her face. So, with this reluctance to use her head to push open a light little screen door I was surprised to be awakened last night at 5:00am by her ramming her head against my head in her demand to be petted. I guess it will just take practice and a few more bum shoves before she is comfortable with her new door : )

4 comments:

Dma said...

I can just see the look on Kellie's face when you pushed her through.

I'm sure the 5 a.m. wakeup call was just her way of demonstrating that she was capable of the technique necessary to go through the screen all by herself.

Just Ducky said...

Hi Kellie! I see you are part of the Gorgeous Gingers, so am I! I don't know why I hadn't found you before! Stop by my blog if you have time.

Anonymous said...

that's a furry cute picture. what's wrong with kitty fluff on the plates?

maybe if your mom put the delicious bamboo on the other side of the kitty door, you'd run right through with no problem...

muffinmidi said...

Hi Kellie,I just discovered your blog. I'm a 121/2 year old male orange tabby. I don't have a pet door but I do have a stair thingy that Mommy wants me to use to get on her bed because jumping bothers my arthritis. I can do down, but not up. Maybe I don't want to walk up to her bed. Maybe I want elevator service.Maybe you want your mom to open the door. Humans can be so dense.