Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Embarassment

Well, it's official the Lucky Bamboo plants are definately heading back to work, until then they are safely housed in the front closet.

Last night when I got home Kellie was in quite a mood, she was desperate to get up on the mantel and chew on the Lucky Bamboo. Since I had moved the TV stand down the wall, she was finding it quite difficult to jump up on the mantel. She whined, cried and generally had a fit - finally she leapt from the TV stand and plunk hit the face of the fireplace - it was just too darn far for her to jump! The look on her face was of pure embarassment! I felt so sorry for her, of course she wasn't physically injured, but you could definately tell her pride was hurt. I picked her up and consoled her, then I put the plants in the closet and we settled down to a normal evening curled up on the sofa.

When I got to work this morning I was happy to see that her cat grass has begun to sprout!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry about the bamboo. Bet that would've been tasty. Kitty grass is great though. Ours keeps sprouting and we go to munch on it and find some of it squashed flat. My sister Grr weighs 20 pounds and likes to lay on it.
Midnight

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Oh nooo! Sorry Kellie had a bump in with the fireplace!
That sure is a cute picture of her.

Dma said...

I'm surprised Kellie didn't continue to try and get at the bamboo once you put it away. Once they get something in their heads....