Monday, July 17, 2006

Hot and Crowded




It continues to be very, very hot here, which is good for all the orchards and the tourists, but not too great for those of us who live here.

Penticton is a small city with about 40,000 people, but because we are situated between two lakes with long lovely beaches, semi-desert weather, many wineries and an abundance of fruit orchards we are plagued by tourists all summer. Our population usually doubles in summer making everything in our town crowded for three months of the year.

I only go shopping when I absolutely have to, my morning commute goes from 3 minutes in fall, spring & winter to 8 minutes in the summer and I try to avoid any type of activity that tourists may flock too. Really, not too much to complain about, but we are spoiled the rest of the year having this lovely city to ourselves.

I do venture down to the beach for a walk each evening when it cools down and the tourists have dispersed.

However, when it is too hot I would love to do what Kellie does and just curl up in the sink and have a rest : )

2 comments:

Dma said...

Wow, what lovely looking scenery. I'm jealous. Kellie doesn't realize how good she has it! :-)

Dma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.