Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Togetherness


On Monday night my niece came over as her Dad is out of town and her Mom had a board meeting. I don't know what it is about 9 year old girls and cats, but neither give you much "personal" space. If one isn't sitting on or squished near you the other is. I'm the type of person that needs a bit of "personal" space, I don't enjoy having someone "smothering" me all the time, with Kellie she snuggles, but she also takes off and does her own thing occasionally.

Monday night Shauna and I went shopping, she was practically walking on my feet. We had dinner and of course she has to sit on the same side of the table as I do, elbows touching, talking a mile a minute. Then when we retired she curled up on my knee to watch t.v., not to be left out.. it wasn't long before Kellie had claimed her spot on my knee. I love them both to death, but all this togetherness was just about to put me over the edge - I need some breathing room. Finally, her Mom came to pick her up.....whew!

Tonight Shauna comes over for her regular Wednesday night visit while her Mom is at Flute Band practice. I've got crafts planned so I'm hoping not to be smothered : )

1 comment:

Dma said...

I share your need for space. That said, it's a good thing you don't have three cats... Seems like I have to work extra hard to find a time that one of the boyz doesn't want to sit with me. It's kinda a nice problem tho.