Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why am I freezing?


Lately, after work I wrap up in a quilt on the couch and either read or watch t.v. During this time I open the deck door for Kellie and she plays outside on the deck and gets some fresh air. Tonight as I was shivering under my blanket it occurred to me that Kellie definately rules the roost - here I am shivering on the couch while she frolicks (in her fur coat) outside. I finally bribed her to come in and shut the door. I could shut the door, but she's like a little kid, as soon as I shut the door and settle down to read she wants back in, then she wants out, in, out, in, out.... We are definately going to have to come to a comprise before it gets much colder.

2 comments:

gottagopractice said...

I think you are the first other person I know whose cat has convinced you to keep the door open in the winter. I'm such a pushover. Maybe Cricket's finally having crossed the line with that midnight roof foray will save me some money this winter.

Dma said...

I can relate. I'll often find myself waking up at nights freezing and one of the boyz will be sleeping soundly on the blankets on my bed so I won't wake them up- and I end up trying to fall back asleep shivering...